Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rik Rawling 'The Silence'



Many of our readers may remember that Rik Rawling was the winner of Brightlight's Artzine 2009 competition. Rik's winning entry, a painting titled 'I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead' can be found further down this post, and the other entries can be found here:
http://www.youngteam.co.uk/brightlight/eng/artzine2009.php

Rik has now compiled his Mogwai-inspired artwork as a paperback book titled 'The Silence'. It's on sale via the Lulu publishing website for £7:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-silence/12919673

Some notes from Rik:
I've finally published the series of Mogwai paintings I did 2008-9 in book form. Title: The Silence. The book is full-colour, 32 pages, wraparound cover (using burnt Bible found in the ashes of a bonfire) and I can attest to the production values being very high.

I've also published another book, a 20-year retorspective of my work preceding (and some just after) the Mogwai paintings that proved to be such a major turning point for me. Details here.

Now the tracklist for 'Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will' has been released, I'll be doing a second shorter series of paintings to coincide with its release.



Artzine 2009 was a joint Brightlight/unofficial Mogwai Forum presentation.

No comments: