Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Burning in Birmingham - 27th March



Final reminder:

http://www.capsule.org.uk/blog/2010/03/02/burning-at-flatpack-festival/
We’re delighted to co-host an evening with Stuart Braithwaite from MOGWAI as part of FLATPACK FESTIVAL on Sat 27th of March. We’ll be starting off with a Q & A followed by a screening of BURNING dir. Vincent Moon, a documentary of the band, filmed during their residency at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn. This event starts at 20:30pm at Ikon Eastside, 183 Fazeley Street, Digbeth
Birmingham, B5 5SE Advance Tickets can be purchased from HERE

We’ll be DJing alongside Stuart at the Plasticine Party held at VIVID following the screening – more details HERE

If anyone has details on further screenings, please let me know and I'll post details here.

Update - from Digbeth Is Good:
In the evening I went to Ikon Eastside for Flatpack and Capsule’s screening of Burning, a film of Mogwai’s residency at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn. I really enjoyed immersing myself in Burning, it was beautifully shot. Because I’m well hopeless when it comes to music it’s pretty much the first time I’ve sat down and listened to Mogwai, and I liked a lot – definitely a download for all those springtime canalside bike rides I have planned. It also meant I got to see Brumcast’s Little Chris in the flesh and he did a brilliant job of a friendly, relaxed interview with Mogwai’s Stuart Braithwaite.

No comments: