Monday, September 22, 2008

North American cancellations - update

from martin bulloch:

I was taken into hospital last night almost immediately after the show at ATP. I've been having some problems with my pacemaker for the duration of the tour and it unfortunately culminated in me being sent to the emergency room. The doctors there initially thought i would have to have corrective surgery at a larger hospital nearer NYC but i have been given the all clear to travel home on the understanding that i go straight to my cardiologist on arrival back in Scotland.

To be honest, i'm really bummed about having to go home and feel for the folk who had bought tickets for our upcoming shows but i can honestly say it would be almost impossible for me to carry on at this point as my pacemaker has broken skin and the surrounding area has become infected.
thanks martin. the only sensible course of action then. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

just to restate then - this week's shows in boston, montreal, toronto, pontiac, chicago and minneapolis are cancelled, to be rescheduled in 2009.

6 comments:

oacat said...

get well soon... we'll be waiting for you!

March2theSea said...

yes..agree! Get well and we will be waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

Yep, get well soon Martin.

Anonymous said...

Martin
health is above everything. Maybe you should get a BIIIG break.
Get well and make our hearts ache with your drums!!

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better... i saw you in richmond and it was amazing.

Anonymous said...

at the wedgewood rooms, southsea (i think it was the 2003 gig there) martin came onto the stage after the gig (to start breaking down his kit, i guess) and i shouted to him to ask if he could please give me his set list. he looked at me like i was some kind of mental. but obliged me nonetheless.

hope you sort out your dicky ticker soon as i'd like to see you play again in october. but, when you're ready, and no sooner...